The World Cup returns to Canmore! The best of the best will be here and we want to show them and 50 million viewers the best of us! We need volunteers and fans. Volunteer registration will open beginning of November.
Volunteers needs at the event are varied and extensive. There is something for everyone. Have a look at the volunteer area descriptions to find out what suits you.
We will provide appropriate training, but hands-on experience is important, too. There are local races running in Canmore and throughout Alberta (Noram and Calforex races). Your involvement in these would not only be appreciated, but would be great experience in preparing for your World Cup involvement. Please note the following dates and watch for the volunteer sign-up emails:
- Nov 30 – Dec 1: Noram/Calforex # 1
- Dec 8-9: Calforex #2
- Jan 27: World Cup test event (date may change)
Volunteering with Benefits
Volunteering with us comes with benefits! Aside from getting from becoming an insider to the event and having fun with like-minded people, you will also receive:
- A toque and the opportunity to purchase a high-quality Spirit West World Cup Coat for below cost
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts
- Accreditation and access to watch the competitions when not on a shift
Thank you in advance for your interest, involvement and spirit! Welcome to the 2019 IBU World Cup team!!